Hey peeps! Today is Earth Day. Yes April 22nd. I mentioned this to hubby this morning & he said I thought that already happened. I had to enlighten him that it was Earth Hour he was thinking of. Personally I think the general public needs reminders every day to be more eco-friendly but I’m getting more militant as I age. LOL.
Anyway, I think it’s pretty appropriate that Earth Day happens in the spring. What better time to be reminded how amazing earth is when everything is starting to bloom again? In most cities winter is releasing it’s death grip. Snow is finally melting & birds are chirping in the morning. I love spring & the earth too. If that makes me a tree hugger then so be it. We not only need to take care of the planet we live on but ourselves as well. Check out the websites below for earth day activities. What am I doing? I’m working today but my Earth Day event will be to go to the Green Living Show on Friday (April 25th). Some of my fave people will be there, like Logan & Finley, Clean Care, Chartreuse Style, & Well.ca. Check out the full exhibitors list here. If you go to the Green Living Show say hi to me!
Here are some things that I personally do to stay eco-friendly
- Make my own products when I can using only organic ingredients
- Recycle all packing (e.g. from food containers, personal care products etc)
- Walk or bicycle whenever I can
- Cook with organic, fairtrade foods
- Think about where my clothes come from. If it’s super cheap, chances are your clothes are made of synthetic materials & doused in chemicals.
- Turn off the lights when they’re not needed. Replace old incandescent bulbs with LED.
- Turn down or turn off the heater when I’m not home.
- Take short showers & save the water from my shower to water plants or clean the tub, sink, toilet.